Making disciples as we go everywhere we go.
A small group of believers with John 17:11 in mind met for the first time in 1910 when Evangelist J. Grant Anderson came to Gallipolis to hold a tent meeting. They had a clear vision of what God was calling them to accomplish.
In 1919, a new building was erected at 156 Third Avenue. In the coming decades it became evident that more space was needed, and a spacious new cinder block building was constructed at 109 Garfield Avenue in 1955. This year also saw the beginning of a radio ministry that continued for 13 years.
In 1992, the church opened a day care called Wee Care, which was licensed for 50 children. The day care was in operation until 2019.
The church voted unanimously in 1995 to purchase approximately 50 acres on State Route 141. The property has a recreation area, which includes a shelter house, picnic area, pond, ball fields, and walking trails. Construction began on the facility in 2003. We moved into this building on April 2, 2006. Our current address is 1723 State Route 141.
Our lineage of faithful pastors:
Frank and Bertha King 1914–1921
Neva Wilson 1921–1923
Luther Van Hoose 1924
E. C. Vanz 1924–1927
Hollis Smith 1927–1953
Stanley Holle 1953–1955
Hershal McDonough 1955–1959
Cecil Mayle 1959–1964
Lawrence E. Foudy 1964–1968
Paul Jones 1968–1972
Chalmer P. Conley 1973–1978
James Rainey 1978–1984
Paul Voss 1984–2021
Dustin L. Cobble 2022–Present
We are voluntarily affiliated with the global movement of God's people pursuing holiness and unity within the Body of Christ, known as the Church of God Reformation Movement. Our general offices are located in Anderson, Indiana. For more information about the Church of God (Anderson), visit www.jesusisthesubject.org.